I Can Do This....But Can Everyone Else?

 Well, my intention with this was to work through all the stuff I've acquired since COVID lockdown without spending anymore money.   LOL....Jacob's birthday came, timeshare payment was due, and I forgot to cancel all of my mail delivery services.   

So.   I am more in debt than a month ago but I haven't spent any money since last Wednesday.   

Of course my sister was in town and she pays for me all the time because she knows how much my husband fumes when I spend.  She's gone now so here I go......

I developed a HUGE  little Ebay/Amazon habit after I deep cleaned my house, redid the patio, cooked hundreds of loaves of banana bread, and knitted tons of blankets.   Those boxes coming to the door were like seeing old friends.  I have a new wardrobe, a jewelry box from the 50s, some Fonzie salt and pepper shakers, and enough Mrs. Meyers my grandchildren won't have to ever buy cleaners.    

My goal is to save enough money to move if I so desire after Adam graduates in 2023.  Or when Elizabeth graduates.   IF she graduates.  Whole insane story will be on beginner blog at some point.   I have to work up to that one.   

Anyhow.....starting today I have a little cash in the bank, enough to keep me from getting daily balance fees.  I have a little cash in my purse, enough to get a couple pizzas if we need them.  I work three-four days a week helping a first grader homeschool and I tutor three evenings a week for 10 sessions.  If everyone shows up I make $380 a week.   I work 8-8 and that's what I make.   Teachers are highly underappreciated and undercompensated.   I love both of these gigs, teaching one on one is so much more rewarding and I am good at it.    My husband wants me to go full time in the school system and I probably should, but have you seen most schools lately?   I don't know if I want to be a part of that.  Maybe one day.......since "my hobby" doesn't contribute much, I am discouraged from spending money.   Putting it nicely.  So, in trying to keep the peace in our usually non-peaceful household I just decided to move in the complete opposite direction and spend nothing.  

I have a full pantry, two full freezers and refrigerators, a closet full of clothes in all sizes, stacks of books to last me until 2025, and yarn in every color of the rainbow.   Let's start this!

Wish me luck....

***Tonight's dinner:  three hamburgers/stirfry veggies (that are beginning to rot) and iced tea.   We have so.  much.  tea.  

Comments

Popular Posts