2023....almost

 I am thinking trying to spend less during an inflation year probably wasn't the best idea.  


These kids...so expensive.  And dog food!  Wow, that sure does cost a lot now.  


Anywho.....I looked around my fairly big house and realized I don't have room for most of the crap  stuff I've enjoyed purchasing since the plague.   Of course, I just ordered $130 worth of closet/garage organizers to attempt to keep it all and still move around here.  Ugh.  I hate Amazon.  No, really I LOVE Amazon but it's just so easy.  Remember when you HAD to go out and buy stuff and waste your weekend that way?  Or you just decided you really didn't need it?   Door Delivery = why I am so poor.  

I drive Uber, DoorDash, Shipt and STILL won't go out and get my own.   That's work, man.  

Well, here I am a few days away from a brand new year where I am working to improve myself (my heart, my brain, my body) and I figure I need to work on the $$$$ also.  I can't clear my negative thoughts with a truckload of debt hanging over my head.  So.  I canceled all but two cards.   One for groceries because, yeah, we need to eat.  Another for kid needs and I do mean NEEDS.   They have tons of wants and my button pushing finger can usually make that happen but NO MORE.  If they WANT they need to WORK.  

Before I end up on TLC I will use what I have and then get rid of it when done.   I have enough books to get me through the entire  year and yarn for years.   Southwest is imploding so probably a good time to take a pause on the traveling.  My foot has been broken (and not getting better) for months so I don't need three gym memberships.  I work all day and two evenings a week so no time for tv so the cable is history (Playing Taps).  Apollo is plenty handsome completely nekkid.  

But isn't he cute??  




I stocked up on groceries earlier today.....$613 and some change.  That is absolutely insane.  It should be enough to get us through until we all go back to school on January 5.  Of course I live with a bunch of complainers BUT I am standing my ground.  Eat what is available.   No DoorDash, No UberEats, No Chick Fil A.   EVER.   

*Unless you get a job and buy your own, just saying*

 2022 was the year of me.   I made myself happy every chance I had.   2023 will be the new healthy, wealthy, and wise me.    I hope it takes.  

Comments

Popular Posts